Posted by : Netbloggy Sunday, September 13, 2015

Just when I was trying to install a new package in my RStudio using install.package() or the GUI way, my RStudio suddenly threw a long error where "InternetOpenUrl failed: 'A connection with the server could not be established'" repeated often. That was funny because my internet connection was perfect and so googling about the same ended up in a Stack overflow page that had a huge set of instructions which made me worry more. Well, there is always a second search result when the first one is not working and that really helped.

To Solve this error, do this in your RStudio: 

Tools -> Global Options -> Packages and unchecking the "Use Internet Explorer library/proxy for HTTP" option.



It was simply my internal proxy settings to be blamed. After all what would happen if you wanted to watch a cricket match live when it wasn't available in your country :-/







{ 2 comments... read them below or Comment }

  1. This didnt work for me either, I dont understand what the problem is. Dou you know an alternate way to get the file?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This didnt work for me either, I dont understand what the problem is. Dou you know an alternate way to get the file?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Post

Blogger templates

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © nulldata -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -